ICAN Exams Registration 2021:You must register for ICAN if you want to be accepted as a chartered accountant. This article will instruct you on how to register for ICAN and remind you of everything that the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria wants to know about.
Becoming a Chartered Accountant is the only way to get recognition as an accountant. You ought to register with an accounting body to become one.
You need to know how to apply for ICAN as an accountant who wants to be chartered in Nigeria (Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria). In this ICAN Registration Step by Step Process, Necessity, and Setup Guideline write-up, we have put down what you need to know about ICAN and what you need to do to register.
About ICAN – Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria
A professional accountancy body in Nigeria is the Institute in Chartered Accountants of Nigeria. It is also one of the two professional accountancy associations with the Nigerian regulatory authority, the other being the National Accountants Association of Nigeria.
By the Act of Parliament No. 15 of 1 September 1965, ICAN was established by existing accounting and auditing organizations, including the Nigerian Accountants Association (AAN). Its mission statement is: “to generate world-class chartered accountants, regulate and continually improve in the public interest their ethical standards and technical competence.”
Requirements for ICAN Exams Registration
- A university degree or Higher National Diploma from any ICAN accredited Polytechnic.
- O level result with at least five (5) credits.
- A recent passport photograph.
How to Register For ICAN As A Professional Student
As a qualified ICAN registration applicant, you must:
- Pay a professional examination registration fee is ₦7000 (bank charges not included) by paying directly at any commercial bank in Nigeria, WEB-PAY or QUICK-TELLER on the ICAN website.
- After payment, use the transaction reference and receipt number to complete your form online on the ICAN website. Applicants can continue their registration by clicking on the link: http://icanig.org/RPlogin.php
- Get a colored passport photograph of yourself. Scan it and add it to the registration form. Then click on submit after completing the form.
- Print out the completed form and sign it.
- Find a chartered accountant sponsor/referee to endorse & certify your application form and credentials on completion. Also, provide their name, membership number, and contact number.
- Your application will not be complete without a copy of your WASC certificate, the PIN voucher, two certified passport photographs, three empty envelopes with your address and N50 stamp on each of them, a copy of your birth certificate and the original of the bank teller.
How to Register For ICAN As An ATSWA Student:
Visit any Nigerian commercial bank and pay the examination fee of ₦6,000 (not including bank charges) via Pay Direct.
After paying the fee, go to the website indicated on your receipt and continue the registration process by filling out the form.
Get a colored passport photograph of yourself. Scan it and add to the registration form.
Print the completed application form and sign it.
Find a chartered accountant sponsor/referee and provide their name, membership number, and contact number.
Take your completed application to your sponsor/referee so that they can certify it.
Your application will not be complete without the copy of your WASC certificate, the PIN voucher, two certified passport photographs, three empty envelopes with your address and N50 stamp on each of them, a copy of your birth certificate and the original of the bank teller.
Once you have collected all that, you have to submit a completed application with all of the attachments to the Department of students’ education and training at 82 Murtala Mohammed Way, Ebute Meta, Lagos.
How to Register to Become A Member
- Visit any commercial bank in Nigeria and pay the Induction fee of N90,000.
- Get a receipt for your payment and go to the ICAN website through the link: http://www.icanonline-ngr.com/paydirect to start the registration.
- Fill in your deposit slip and receipt numbers in the required fields to generate PIN and serial number.
- On the registration page, type in your Student Registration Number, serial number and the PIN.
- Fill in the form and upload a good quality passport-format photo of yourself. Submit your application.
- On completion, print out the form and get your referees to sign it.
- Attach the documents you can find at this link.
- Submit the finished form and the evidence of payment to ICAN, Plot 16, Idowu Taylor Street, Victoria Island, Lagos or any ICAN office close to you.
ICAN Registration Portal 2021
Visit the link below for more information on ICAN, enrollment, qualifications, membership, fee renewal, executive team, offices, upcoming programs, and conferences: here
For the Professional students, click: http://icanig.org/new/students/professional-students
For the ATSWA students, click: http://icanig.org/new/students/atswa-students
Click here for members portal: https://icanportal.org/members